ABOUT THE JOB
The Omnivore team is passionate about building tools that help restaurant businesses of all sizes market, sell, serve their customers, and constantly reinvent how they do business. Our API platform powers the technology stack of more than 100 application partners used by 25,000 restaurants around the world. Demand for our complex API focused products (including our Menu Management System) to be simple and predictable to use is real, and our need for empathetic and adaptable product leaders to produce a more refined user experience around our robust technical offering is a priority.
If you’re a product leader (CPO, VP, GM, Director) who’s excited to have high-impact on multi-million dollar business products, we want to talk to you.
We believe effective product leaders have a few things in common: they are strong visionaries with previous success in defining a strategic roadmap, delivering a supporting business plan, and positioning products in the market to successfully enable sales. They are able to work autonomously, lead transparently, and prioritize product and people over strict processes.
The restaurant technology space moves fast, and success is determined by our ability to anticipate the changing appetites of our customers. We are looking for someone that can apply a blend of imagination and data to help define our products today and position it to capitalize on presently unknown future opportunities.
We are a growing organization doing big things. A genuine eagerness to do a great many different things on a daily basis while constantly battling for steady improvement is a requirement. We believe in providing resources to the people that need them, but when a new feature needs to be wireframed to keep development moving, or when a product demo needs to be reviewed for an urgent sales pitch, don’t be surprised if you are going to be the one doing those things. This could change over time, but right now we want a doer-leader (hands-on manager) to help define the path in which others will follow.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You’ll be responsible for defining market-leading products in an extremely dynamic space. Leveraging Omnivore’s core technology platform, you’ll work with teams across the organization to build compelling software that’s both robust and easy to use
- Have a deep focus on understanding our customers and making their experience personalized and better
- Represent Omnivore and your Products in the public arena, serving as a voice of your Products at conferences and events, online, and with potential business partners
- Collaborate with other leaders on all matters that impact the Products, including resourcing and building broader product vision
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle, from definition through deployment and support. We learn by eating our own dogfood
- Set and regularly measure progress against objectives that help align product development with key goal metrics for the business using competitive analysis and pricing analysis to support those goals
- Define your Product story and deliver to internal stakeholders while creating alignment with the other cross functional partners to build software that’s useful, useable, efficient to operate, and solves real customer pain
- Drive revenue growth by cultivating products that are so compelling that customers feel like they can't live without
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven product management experience as a Head of Product, GM, Product VP/Director, or start-up equivalent level for a restaurant technology company
- An in-depth understanding of SaaS and API Platform products
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities for yourself and others
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- An obsession for understanding and improving user experience. This obsession should and will extend into practical skills of UI/UX design and modeling. Be able to imagine it and then show it
- Possess an intuitive grasp of the small but crucial details that elevate product functionality into compelling and even magical experiences for customers of different types
- The ability to build trust, respect, and empathy inside and outside of our organization, particularly with our customers
- Success developing strong working relationships across the organization, from the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers and the Executive Leadership Team
- Someone that isn’t afraid to jump in, make mistakes, own them, and learn from them
While our physical offices are based in Tampa, FL, we’re open for the perfect candidate to spend some or most of their time working remotely.
- We have helped thousands and thousands of restaurants survive and thrive in this challenging environment and you will be a part of adding to that legacy of making a difference for one of the top entrepreneurship industries.
- Omnivore released its industry-changing Menu Management System in late 2019 and 2021 is the year for game-changing growth. You will be a key part of that growth!
- You will be joining a “start-up” culture that already has a tremendous list of customer advocates ready to tell their success story.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Vision & Dental insurance
- 100% Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Stock options
- Company paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
Omnivore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. www.omnivore.io (800) 293-4058 Omnivore Technologies, Inc.