Omnivore is seeking a hands on Senior Manager for our DevOps department! This role will be responsible for managing a team of systems engineers and system administrators to create, deploy, manage and scale infrastructure across a wide range of hosting providers and in-house systems. This role is responsible for the uptime of all systems and services that host both customer and internally facing services developed by the company, as well as managing the costs associated with providing that uptime.
Together, we’re pioneering a new era of restaurant experience and guest engagement such as ghost and virtual kitchen concepts, master menus across multiple locations and concepts, and immediately connecting restaurants with delivery service providers such as UberEats, Door Dash, Postmates, and others!
(We are offering relocation assistance or a fully remote position - it's up to you!)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Establishing and enforcing best practices for day-to-day team operations, including but not limited to:
- On-call rotations
- Work/Ticket assignments
- Working with your team to establish a technical vision for infrastructure components and management in collaboration with other teams and business units
- Maintaining production, staging, and development environments in a large distributed system
- Implementing and maintaining industry standard security best practices within and around production systems
- Directing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance of systems, services, and applications related to infrastructure in the environments
- Managing incident resolution within the production environment, working with other business units to ensure compliance with SLAs
- Keeping compliance with laws, regulations and other standards as mandated by business requirements (i.e. PCI-DSS)
- Sustaining relationships with vendors and suppliers of hosting or other infrastructure services
- Developing and executing on tactical plans to deliver on business needs that require infrastructure changes
- Building and maintaining a disaster recovery plan, minimizing RPO and RTO
- Building and maintaining a capacity plan to ensure all services within the environments operate at peak efficiency within cost constraints
- Communicating scheduled maintenance to customers, partners, and other business units
- Managing and clearly communicating infrastructure costs according to established constraints and business requirements; provide transparency to the breakdown of expenses across environments and applications
- Leading and managing a team of systems engineers and systems administrators, including routine 1:1 meetings, conducting performance reviews and guiding in goal setting and tracking
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or self-taught individual with strong work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technical operations leadership role
- Extensive experience working in and establishing a DevOps culture
- Intimate knowledge of AWS components and building blocks, such as EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, EKS, and ECS
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform
- Ability to manage multiple direct reports to complete business objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with programs such as PCI-DSS and SOC 2
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical, Vision & Dental plan options
- 100% Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- 401k with safe harbor matching
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Virtual engagement events
- Remote or in office positions (relocation available to nonlocals wishing to join us in office!)
- We have helped thousands and thousands of restaurants survive and thrive in this challenging environment and you will be a part of adding to that legacy of making a difference for one of the top entrepreneurship industries.
- Omnivore released its industry-changing Menu Management System in late 2019 and 2021 is the year for game-changing growth. You will be a key part of that growth!
- You will be joining a “start-up” culture that already has a tremendous list of customer advocates ready to tell their success story.
Omnivore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. www.omnivore.io (800) 293-4058 Omnivore Technologies, Inc.