We are seeking a web design intern to help design and maintain the company’s WordPress website and more! As a Design Intern, you will join our marketing department where you will report directly to the Sr. Marketing Manager and apply your design skills in the creation of marketing content and website design. Types of projects will include webpage design, website maintenance, such as; updating events and other website content, SEO updates and maintaining themes and plugins. Candidates must have web design experience and be knowledgeable with HTML & PHP coding and WordPress. You’ll need to be flexible concerning daily tasks and be able to adapt to rapidly changing projects. In addition, applicants must be well organized with excellent communication skills, be creative and driven to help make this startup-style business a success.
The ideal candidate would be able to complete design work in a timely fashion, take abstract concepts and bring them to life, and pay intense attention to detail. This is a paid internship. You should be comfortable working in a virtual office environment. We are looking for someone who can commit to 15 hours a week for a 4-month time period and has their own laptop to use during the internship.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Web design and maintenance of company website
- Overseeing third party script integration
- Maintaining and editing of multiple Wordpress themes and plugins
- Meeting milestones, goals and tracking progress
- Generating reports on project status
- Working with other teams to solicit input and execute necessary action items
- Managing several projects with keen attention to detail and process
- Utilizing your possession of creativity, energy, and boundless ideas
- Working flexible hours! You are not required to work typical business hours (9:00AM-5:00PM) except for specific reasons such as a planned meeting
- Tracking your time and company activities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Enrollment in a bachelor's or other degree program or professional certification program with a focus on graphic design, web design, or related field preferred
- Can provide access to your design portfolio/projects for the interview process
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Well versed in WordPress platform
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Studio
- Passion about design and motivation through achieving goals and contributing to the overall success of the organization
- Team player who successfully collaborates with peers/colleagues throughout an organization
- An independent self-manager, highly adaptable, and thrives on change while remaining communicative, optimistic, and coachable
- Strong, innovative design theory with an exceptional sense for color and typography
- Ability to work proactively, manage multiple projects and perform under strict project deadlines
- Ability to manage your time efficiently within a remote work environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced with technology (especially with zoom, asana, and slack applications)
- We have helped thousands and thousands of restaurants survive and thrive in this challenging environment and you will be a part of adding to that legacy of making a difference for one of the top entrepreneurship industries.
- Omnivore released its industry-changing Menu Management System in late 2019 and 2021 is the year for game-changing growth. You will be a key part of that growth!
- You will be joining a “start-up” culture that already has a tremendous list of customer advocates ready to tell their success story.
Omnivore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. www.omnivore.io (800) 293-4058 Omnivore Technologies, Inc.