- Full Time
- Product Engineering
ABOUT THE JOB
Omnivore started eight years ago with the dream to make new technologies easier and more accessible for restaurants. Today it is the global standard for point-of-sale (POS) system integration. As the world of restaurants evolves rapidly, Omnivore is working to build a better platform for restaurants to discover, engage, and deploy new technologies.
The Omnivore team is passionate about building tools that help restaurant businesses of all sizes market, sell and serve their customers while constantly reinventing how they do business. Our API platform powers the technology stack of more than 150 application partners used by 22,000 restaurants around the world. Demand for our complex API focused products (including our Menu Management System) to be simple and predictable to use is real, and our need for empathetic and adaptable product leaders to refine the user experience of our robust technical offering is a priority.
As the Product Manager of our Merchant products, you will be responsible for building products that enable restaurant staff of all levels and functions to engage more effectively with the technology that powers their world. Our premier restaurant product, Menu Management (MMS), is a powerful digital menu tool that integrates with the industry leading marketplaces. You will be responsible for evolving MMS into a suite of tools and services that offer restaurants choice, insight, and fine grained control over how their brands engage with the digital ecosystem upon which their success depends. You will work closely with customers ranging from 5 to 1000+ locations, ensuring our restaurant products provide simple and positive experiences for both enterprise employees as well as line-level managers inside of stores. You will work closely with a dedicated engineering team and a world class support team that has deep relationships with some of the biggest name brands in the industry.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Being responsible for evolving, expanding, and bringing to market new products built for restaurant operators. The Omnivore platform is an ecosystem of hundreds of apps and thousands of restaurants. You will be working to open that world of possibility directly to more restaurants
- Focusing deeply on understanding our customers and personalizing their experience. Spending time learning how both the restaurant floor and corporate structures run to provide a seamless experience for all levels of user
- Working closely with our marketing team to establish and maintain a meaningful cadence of updates to our restaurant partners
- Building relationships with our most important marketplace partners, such as the major delivery companies, to ensure tight integrations that maximize the value of our platform
- Collaborating with other leaders on all matters that impact the Products, including resourcing and building a broader product vision
- Participating in all aspects of the development lifecycle, from definition through deployment and support. We learn by eating our own dogfood
- Creating compelling UX and UI elements for new and updated flows and features. Iterating quickly on these experiences in collaboration with the development team
- Defining your Product story and delivering to internal stakeholders while creating alignment with the other cross-functional partners to build software that’s useful, useable, efficient to operate, and addresses real customer pain points
- Driving revenue growth by cultivating products so compelling that customers feel like they can't live without them
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven product management experience as a Product Manager in a fast moving technology company, ideally in the restaurant technology space
- An in-depth understanding of SaaS and API Platform products. Our business is built on interconnected APIs, and the experiences we are building for restaurants are focused on driving more connectivity
- The ability to establish and communicate clear priorities for yourself and others
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- An obsession with understanding and improving user experience. This obsession should and will extend into practical skills of UI/UX design and modeling. Be able to imagine it and then show it
- An intuitive grasp of the small but crucial details that elevate product functionality into compelling and even magical experiences for customers of different types
- The ability to build trust, respect, and empathy inside and outside of our organization, particularly with our customers
- Proven success developing strong working relationships across an organization. From the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers and the Executive Leadership Team
- Someone that isn’t afraid to jump in, make mistakes, own them, and learn from them
While our physical offices are based in Tampa, FL, we are primarily a remote company and do not have a location requirement.
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical, Vision & Dental plan options
- HSA plan option with employer contribution
- 100% Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- 401k with company matching
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Virtual engagement events
- We have helped thousands and thousands of restaurants survive and thrive in this challenging environment and you will be a part of adding to that legacy of making a difference for one of the top entrepreneurship industries.
- Omnivore released its industry-changing Menu Management System in late 2019 and 2021 is the year for game-changing growth. You will be a key part of that growth!
- You will be joining a “start-up” culture that already has a tremendous list of customer advocates ready to tell their success story.
Omnivore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. www.omnivore.io (800) 293-4058 Omnivore Technologies, Inc.